-->

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bataan: Not Bad for a First Time

Here I am again, feeling inspired and all, that I decided to write the long-overdue post about our trip to Bataan Philippines that I planned to write weeks ago. I have been posting some pictures related to this entry on my Google+ and Tumblr, but I wasn't able to create a full-length post. So here it is.

Last Christmas was yet one of the best my family and I had. We've spent the Christmas Holidays of 2012 in Morong, Bataan, thanks to my mom-in-law (who happens to be the Operations Manager of a resort known as Vista Venice Resorts), our Christmas was twice the fun! Not to mention that this is in fact my first time in the province. 

We got there on the 23rd of December. Morong is just 2 and a half hours drive from Manila, so we have enough energy left to explore the town right away. The weather was perfect too, with little sun and it was actually a bit cold. Coming from the scorching heat of Metro Manila, I welcomed the coolness of the mountains in shorts and sleeveless shirt (please refer to my Google+ profile picture for this! Lol!)

So here are some of the best shots I had, I hope you'll like them! :)


1. Dambana ng Kagitingan (Shrine of Valor)

imaygalinato.blogspot.com

Situated at the top of Mt. Samat, Dambana ng Kagitingan is such a wonder to see. Historical wise, this symbolizes the courage of hundreds of Filipinos who fought for our freedom during World War II.



2. World War II Museum, Aerial View




This is what you'll see once you get to the top of the Cross (don't get me wrong, there's an elevator INSIDE the cross!) The view is breathtaking, you'll get to see the whole Bataan Peninsula. A friend also told me that when the skies are clear, the Luneta Park is visible from up there. 



3. Lasalle Beach, Bagac, Bataan



They say Bataan is famous for its beaches. I remember back then when I hear my Grandma mention the word "Bataan", she means the best dried fish (tuyo) and beautiful beaches. I got to confirm the rumors when I see this beach - a perfect combination of white sands and shallow water - great for kids who enjoy wading at the sea. 



4. Philippines-Japanese Friendship Tower


Situated at the junction between Morong and Bagac, the Friendship Tower is the most accessible of all the historical places in Bataan. 



5. Vista Venice Resorts Bataan




The reception area of Vista Venice Resorts, which served as our home for three days. I intend to write a full-length post on this, which will expound on our experiences at the resort. The place is in fact relaxing and the same time, adventure-packed. You'll find out why SOON. :)


So is it more fun in Bataan? Yes! Definitely not bad for a first time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Feel free to send me your questions and comments. For inquiries regarding our services, please send me an email at imay@doodlemindsolutions.com.Thank you! :)