-->

Monday, December 3, 2012

Nostalgia - The Ilocos Norte Version

So I was rummaging through my old files in my Jurassic laptop when I came across the pictures taken at Ilocos Norte sometime last 2010. I automatically felt nostalgic and all, wishing that I can go back to that place soon. 

It was my Bebe and I's first ever travel escapade as a couple and the most memorable so far. I was the one who made the itinerary, which I think, made this trip extra ordinary. Forgive me for the amateur shots, I'm just using a point-and-shoot camera here! :P

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you - Ilocos Norte!

  • The Malacanang of the North. This abode is the official residence of the Late President Ferdinand Marcos, hence called the Malacanang of the North.



  • Cape Bojeador. Cape Bojeador is one of oldest lighthouses in the entire country. What fascinates me was the fact that until that day we visited the place, the lighthouse is still pretty much working.




  • Bangui Windmills. Famous for Senator Bongbong Marcos' election campaign ads some years ago, the Bangui Windmills is truly one of the Pride of the Ilocanos.




  • Blue Lagoon, Pagudpud. Known as the Boracay of the North, Pagudpud is a must-see destination. I was dazzled by the fine white sands, lush tropics around the beach, no clutter (yes! the beach is clean!) and mind you, the crowd is very, very limited! If you seriously need a vacation and you long for a getaway at the beach, then this is the right place for you.




  • Patapat Viaduct



These are just some of the awesome places that we've been. The food is great (I suggest you try Bagnet at Cafe Leona and the Sinanglao at the Hidden Garden in Vigan. ) If you opt for some shopping, check out Calle Crisologo (this place is extremely lovely at night!). You might also want to try home-stay in Saud instead of checking in in a hotel if you are travelling on a tight budget. Trust me, you'll love the hospitality of the Ilocanos!

Did I mention that I am an Ilocano myself? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Feel free to send me your questions and comments. For inquiries regarding our services, please send me an email at imay@doodlemindsolutions.com.Thank you! :)