-->

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

On Being an In-house Writer

Long before I went out of college, I already told myself that I will be my own boss. I will have my own time, work at my own pace, deliver my own output. Sounds like a plan.

After a few years, 6 years to be exact, I find myself working in as an In-house Web Content Writer for an upcoming E-commerce site called expresso.ph. So why the change of mind?



Well, I've realized that, being an outgoing person that I am, I need to have my "regular" dose of socialization. Expresso E-Commerce, Inc. (that's the company name) has given the opportunity to meet lots of people. Not to mention that my bosses, as well as my colleagues, are fun to work with.(I recall one of my bosses saying, "Who's your favorite boss?" after he gave me discount coupons for a recently opened spa here in Mandaluyong. Real sweet.)

Secondly, I found out that I grew tired from working at home. It took me quite sometime to realize that. I just grew tired of bidding, of waiting for the project owner's reply. the negotiation, everything!

I know, I know. The endless comforts of working from home. But then somehow, I just need to find a more stable job, something that can help me provide food for our table (mind you, I'm a mother of two!). 

All in all, the Imay now is still the same headstrong Imay that she was years before. Maybe now I just learned to be more adaptive and flexible. Maybe I learned how to better deal with bosses. And maybe, too, I can be a boss later on. Who knows? For now I believe that life has endless possibilities. And now I learned that I should grab it as it comes along.

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Feel free to send me your questions and comments. For inquiries regarding our services, please send me an email at imay@doodlemindsolutions.com.Thank you! :)