-->

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Simplicity that is Home

It's been 1 year, 1 month and 13 days since we moved in here in our place. It's been that long since I started calling myself a city girl. Still, I long for the simplicity of my rural life back in our hometown.

Yes, I am one of the many residents of Metro Manila who chose to migrate here in the city (not that it's me who actually chose to live here, but Hubby said that it will be the best for us, since he's working here.) There is no denying that I am from "the province". I am proud that I am a Novo Ecijano.




There is nothing much about our town - it will take you an hour (or maybe even longer) to get to a mall (which is, in fact, not a mall at all compared to the ones here in the metro), my place has no spas, no bars, no MRT and LRT. Life is just plain simple.

Day to day life is but a routine. There's no traffic on your way to work or school. There are no rushing buses, no overcrowded MRT and LRT. We have cleaner air to breathe, freshest foods to eat. I think people are happier there, too, despite the lack of fancy whatnots that many of us have here. I know because I am happy back then.

Even though it's been that long, I can't help but miss the comfort of my home. The home where I grew up, the home where me and my cousins laughed, played, quarrelled, and all. That house has been a witness to all the happy and not-so-happy memories of my childhood and early adulthood.

I miss our dogs.

I miss having early morning coffee at the front of our house while chatting with my neighbors.

I miss my friends.

I miss riding my old Honda motorcycle.

I miss hanging out in our University bleacher.

I miss eating barbecue and sweet corn at the Old Market.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, I miss the old me.


P.S. By the way, we do have Central Luzon State University. This is actually one of the things that makes me proud about my town. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Feel free to send me your questions and comments. For inquiries regarding our services, please send me an email at imay@doodlemindsolutions.com.Thank you! :)