-->

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Umbrellas and Raincoats

"Rain, rain go away,
Come again another day..."

I heard myself silently chanting these lines this morning, as I woke up to the sound of the heavy rain pouring on the roof. I silently watched the weather news as I ate my breakfast. I told myself I'm gonna have a not-so-good day today. 

I took the tricycle to get to the office just so I can save myself from getting wet. To make things more depressing, I already planned to wear a dress for today. And I did. I wore the sexiest one I have even if it doesn't suit the weather. Oh, whatever!



When I got home at 7:00 and watched the news, I realized that what I've been whining about for the whole day is much, much simpler than those who are stuck in the rain and flood. I can tell from their faces that they are worried, possibly thinking about how to get home safe. Maybe they are thinking about their loved ones at home. Are they safe? Is the flood coming in? Do we need to relocate? I can't even imagine myself to be in that situation.

So the thing here is, why are we having uncontrollable floods anyway? This problem has been existing for ages and I don't know why the government can't find a solution. But come to think of it, is it the really the government's fault that we have clogged drainages in the first place? How about us dumping our wastes everywhere?

This is a classic example of Domino Effect. Everything will fall down unless one particular piece hits  something sturdy. I wonder who or what that "something sturdy" might be in this situation.

I always find it oxymoronic whenever I see a signage that says "no littering." Do we really need to be reminded? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! Feel free to send me your questions and comments. For inquiries regarding our services, please send me an email at imay@doodlemindsolutions.com.Thank you! :)